Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Youtube video and kids do the darndest things


Well, I was excited to have our Youtube video completed. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheFlipdawg1#p/u/0/_LNQaucfYBk. Ross Jacobs and his team did an outstanding job. It's not like they had a GQ model to work with.

I asked Dr. Wolfenden's husband and children to throw out the first pitch at Wish for Wendy and they agreed as long as their schedule permits. I couldn't think of anyone else more fitting to be up there.

I was jumping up and down last night as Melky Cabrera won a huge game for the Braves. Down 3-1 in the 9th against a very good closer the Braves struck for 3 runs. Now we play a Nationals team that always plays us well.

I'm really excited about the Greg McGarity hire at UGA. He's from Athens and he comes from a successful program (as tough as it is for me to say that). Good luck Greg and Go Dawgs!

We had our first soccer practice for Avery's team. It went great. The kids had fun and the parents were really nice and Greg Green is a great assistant coach. We did about 6 drills and I was really impressed with the kids we have. My one joke I used with the parents was "My name is Andy Lipman. I'm used to coaching adult competitive softball so coaching youth soccer should be an easy transition." Avery did great too. She listened and participated and I was so proud of her that we got ice cream afterwards.

Yesterday Avery painted my face and hands while I did my therapy. She did a really good job. Then when Andrea got home she informed me that it was not face paint and that I'd really have to rub it off. Needless to say, my cheek hurts today and my hands are a bit raw but here's a picture from my daughter's artistic display.

I learned that one of my friends lost a couple of family members in a car crash last weekend. I'm so sorry and I'm praying for him and his family.

Bloggers, by the way, I can't see who some of you are but I do have a Facebook distribution list for this blog. If you are a member of my blog and not a Facebook friend, please friend me and send the message saying that you'd like to be part of my blog e-mails from Facebook. That way I'm only sending the blog to those who want to read it. Thanks.

Ethan's newest funny phrase is "Daddy, look." He points something out and then we laugh together. It's very cute and I love it. He learns to speak more every day. I'm very proud of him. Andrea and I weren't sure if he'd ever talk so every day seems like a new miracle.

Andrea and I had a great date the other night. It was nice to get out and be away from the kids. We had a great dinner and saw a lot of people we knew, some that we hadn't seen in years.

I continue to stay strong through my depression and through my 12-step program. It's never easy but it's vital. I love my wife and my kids and I never want to put them through the Hell I put them through over the last few years. They mean too much to me.

Have a good week, everyone.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment