Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What's been going on

It's been a while since I've blogged. There has been a lot going on. For one thing, my father continues to do better. I miss him but I know he's going to be home soon and 100%. Emily and I are looking to visit him in early October. Mom is doing great too. Emily's store, Raw Denim, is a few months from opening. Please support her.

A Wish for Wendy is up to 15 teams. We just need one more. We're halfway complete as far as filling out the roster for the Wish for Wendy Foundation team. I've decided to play on the team again this year. We eclipsed the $900,000 mark at Wish for Wendy and continue to chase $1 million.

I was really proud of my mom. She ran into Jimmy Fallon and his wife at a restaurant several months ago and she reached out to them to see if they would contribute to Wish for Wendy. I thought it was a lost cause but I also know to never say never with my mother. So a week ago, we received tickets to Jimmy's show, autographs from stars like Drew Barrymore and several other items. Mom, I'm really proud of you.

I've been finding a lot of people through my blog that have their own personal issues and we've been talking in person or on the phone or via e-mail. It feels good that this blog is positive. I know some people think it relays a very negative message but the truth is that it's open and honest. Some people may not get it, but there are others who feel like someone really gets them. I'm truly glad I can help in some way.

I just completed Step 6 in my 12-step program. I'm halfway there. Step 5 was admitting all of my wrongs and then being able to give them to a Higher Power and move on with my life. I was certainly ready to do that. I have forgiven myself for my faults but will continue to work hard to make my life and my family's life the best it can be.

I thought it was ironic that on the way to my sponsor's house last Saturday for the fifth step, Andrea found a turtle. She let me and Avery take it back to the river park. The turtle was my analogy in an earlier blog where I figured out that no matter how bleak things look, there is always a solution. The turtle is now safe and so is my emotional sobriety.

I was so excited to celebrate Ethan's 2nd birthday. Everyday we get with him is a true miracle. I love him so much. Avery is the best big sister too. We've been putting a lot of videos on our youtube account theflipdawg1 (in case you need a laugh). I got to watch Avery's gymnastics class for the first time the other day and I was really impressed. She's a great athlete. I'm not sure which side of the family that comes from.

I'm off to my retreat now. Everyone thinks I'm going to the Emmy's with Andrea but it's actually Emily that is lucky enough to go. I'm going to north Georgia. Jealous?

I hope all of you are doing well. Keep up the great work.

Please check out www.andylipman.com. We have added my youtube video that details my life with CF and the blog to this website as well as several other happenings.

Best Wishes,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment