Friday, August 6, 2010

The Turtle Analogy

I suppose you remember Mr. Turtle from several blogs ago. The other day I was thinking of the symbolism of Mr. Turtle as regards to my emotional health/sobriety.

Mr. Turtle in essence is my sobriety. When I ran him over, I was really upset. I got crazy and didn't know what to do. I figured the turtle/my sobriety would never make it. I wanted to give up on the turtle and leave him but I remembered how much he meant to my daughter much the same as my emotional sobriety means so much to her. I found a place that would help the turtle and for me I found a place that would help my sobriety (the rehab center/my weekly meetings). The turtle ended up living and so did my sobriety.

Mr. Turtle, thanks for that valuable lesson. The lesson being of course, no matter how difficult something seems, where there's a will, there's a way!

Have a good weekend.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment