Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm feeling better now


Thanks to everyone who was supportive after Dr. Wolfenden passed. I’m starting to feel better and am ready to move on to feeling positive.

Seeing a good friend

I had dinner with a good friend last night. We hadn’t seen each other in a very long time. Both of us got a chance to reveal our issues to the other. It was a very positive experience. Both of us felt better afterwards and we are going to be there for each other.

Softball

Last night we lost a close softball game 11-7. It was a back and forth dual. We finished the season 5-2 and in second place. The team that beat us is 1st place. We have had some bad luck in the playoffs lately so hopefully we can show some teams that we are better than a 2nd place team. I went 3 for 3 with 3 infield hits. You heard me right. I got to the bag 3 times just before the ball arrived and all 3 times I was able to get to second because the throw got past the first baseman. I feel like I’m a few steps faster since I began running downstairs. I either run on the treadmill or sometimes I just run laps around the basement, avoiding Ethan and Avery’s toys while I sprint.

Health

I got some very good news concerning 2 close people in my life. Both got very good health results and I’m very happy. Some of you have asked how my physical health is doing. I’ve been doing pretty well. I work out 6 to 7 times a week and run at least a ½ mile every day. I also jump rope, do jumping jacks and try to do some form of crunches 4 or 5 times a week. I did include a picture of all the the medications I take with this blog. It will give you an idea of how much traveling is a pain for someone with CF. This doesn't even include my aerosol or therapy machine.

Youtube

I started a Youtube account to put the kids’ videos on there. My name is TheFlipDawg1 in case you are interested in seeing some funny videos.

Braves

I was happy that the Braves won last night but the Phillies are coming on hard. I was sad to see that Medlin is probably out for the year but I’m hopeful that Mike Minor, our stud in the minors, will be promoted. Go Braves! We have a tough 4 game series against the hot Giants this weekend. I hope we can take 3 out of 4.

Vacation

I’m looking forward to our family vacation to Charleston which is coming up really soon. I'll see some family while I'm there and I'm really looking forward to seeing Ethan and Avery play in the water. Andrea and I can't wait for some sun and sand. I found an old high school friend who lives there and is a professional photographer and she’s going to take family pictures for us. If you plan on going to Charleston this year, send me an e-mail and I’ll forward her info to you.

Wish for Wendy

We are still in need of another team at Wish for Wendy and we are looking for players who want to raise money and play on the Wish for Wendy Foundation team. The event is Saturday November 6th if any of you are interested.

The Book

Once my video is ready, my agent and I will start sending the manuscript to publishers. I’m looking forward to it. I’m also still putting together blurbs and forewords for the book. Thus far, I can tell you that Dale Murphy, Boomer Esiason, Robert Beall (the head of the National CF Foundation), Garth Brooks and Frank Deford are on board. I have one more person I’m waiting to hear from. She’s a pretty big name. I should hear something in the next few weeks. She originally wrote a foreword but I made some drastic changes to the manuscript so she will need to approve again.

That’s all for this week. I’m thinking of all of you. If you are in poor mental or physical health, I wish you a strong recovery. If you are doing well, I pray that you can maintain it.

To the day when CF stands for Cure Found.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment