Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thank you Michael J. Fox


Thanks to Michael J. Fox, my son has 1,929 skittles. Let me explain.

Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies and it starred Michael J. Fox. In the third installment (which I admit was not that good), they go back to 1885. For some reason, that number stuck in my head when I was at Donuts with Dads at Ethan's school and we were putting in guesses for a jar of skittles. I put in one guess at 1885. Andrea laughed at me and told me that was not going to be close and that I should have said around 1,000 which most of the dads did. I later found out that the dads put in multiple guesses so my one guess probably had no chance. We all know where this is going, right?

This morning I received the following picture from Andrea when she picked up Ethan saying "I will never doubt you again."

I was so excited when I talked to Ethan until he said "Daddy, I have a jar of M&M's!" I said "Buddy, they're skittles." He said in a more determined voice, "No, daddy! They are M&M's!" I decided since I won the jar, I'll leave it up to Andrea to let him down gently. Honey, we're even.

I hope all of you are well.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment