Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meds, meds and more meds!

Hey everyone,

So it's been a crazy week medication-wise. Last week, I woke up and I could literally not hear out of one ear. That's the same thing that happened two months ago. This time I did some research though on side effects of all of my medications and read that ringing of the ears and loss of hearing was a side effect of TOBI. I called my doctor and she had me go off of it right away. Next I had the doctor at the Urgent Care center clean out my ears with boiling water. That's fun for those of you who have not tried it. At least, I can hear again. Then I got a prescription of antibiotics and ear drops to take 3 to 4 times a day. Two days prior, I was at the physical therapist as I think I have an ulner nerve issue. Basically it's like tennis elbow and it's on my right arm. I'm also having slight swelling in my knee and pain in my left shoulder. My therapist and I have concluded it happened when I fell around New Years running with my kids. I actually think it's because I'm almost 40. Ha Ha!

Anyway, I'm now only working out with my left arm and I'm trying to learn how to do one-armed pull-ups. I also have started Cayston today which was kind of stressful. I had to watch a 15 minute video twice to figure out everything. Andrea assisted me thank goodness. I have to take Cayston three times a day for 28 days. That means I'll be taking it to work with me. I also have to clean the new aerosol machine and nebulizer three times a day and mix the medication to get it just right. Anyone who has seen my car knows that cleaning "anything" is a stretch for me. Anyway, I packed a backpack this morning with my new medical device, the nebulizer it comes with, cleaning supplies, an inhaler with a medication, the frozen meds it comes with and a Purell spray bottle. I took my first dose this morning so I'm also making sure I don't suffer any side effects. My lack of humor sadly is normal and not caused by the drug.

So I'm literally exhausted. I have included a picture of the meds I took...for JUST THIS MORNING ALONE. I'm overwhelmed with all of the new stuff I'm taking. I'm also working a full-time job (a bit unusual for someone with CF), a board member on several boards which I'm very committed to, as well as my son's Tee ball coach. Most importantly, I'm Andrea's husband and Ethan and Avery's dad and that, along with my health, remains a top priority.

I have a few speeches coming up. I have a school speech at Tritt Elementary in late March and now I'm scheduled to speak in Orange County, California in late May.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well.

Live your dreams and love your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment