Monday, September 24, 2012

A wonderful weekend of firsts





This weekend was awesome. On Friday night, we went to a surprise 40th birthday celebration for a close friend.

On Saturday, we made our way up to Athens where I got to stand on the field with the other 40 under 40 honorees and wave to the thousands of Bulldog fans who were in their seats 30 minutes prior to the game. I actually decided not to stand and wave. I instead did my Heisman Trophy pose. I figured I'd probably never be on the field again so why not.



It was nice tailgating with some of my friends up at north campus. I was especially proud of Andrea for agreeing to wear UGA clothing. This was a big moment in our lives...maybe as big as when our first child was born. Things will return to normal next week as UGA plays UT in Athens but still I will always have this blackmail...I mean evidence that UGA is her 2nd favorite team.


Sunday morning, Ethan played his first soccer game and dedicated his first goal to his sister. Then he scored another one. Two goals in his debut. I have the video proof and will post each goal to YouTube as I'm a very proud papa. Later the kids and I went to a Halloween store, played some putt-putt and then went to see Finding Nemo in 3D. I enclosed a cute picture of my two fish.

All and all, it was an awesome weekend...even all of my teams won. The Braves Magic Number to clinch a playoff berth is 2. The Falcons are 3-0 and Georgia is 4-0. I hope all of my teams can keep it up.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment