Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Drive at 35 will be available early next year!


After several years of writing and contacting agents, I just received a signed contract from The Dunham Group out of Nashville for the rights to publish The Drive at 35.

David Dunham, CEO of The Dunham Group, has spent three decades in virtually every aspect of publishing. His personalized attention to his clients has resulted in over 50 bestselling books, 25 of them on the New York Times best-seller’s list. He has also worked with several famous authors.

We expect The Drive at 35 (this is the working title) to come out in early 2012. Forewords include Boomer Esiason, Frank Deford, Dale Murphy, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation President Robert Beall, Garth Brooks and Celine Dion!

The book will detail my battle with cystic fibrosis and depression. The proceeds will go to the Wish for Wendy Foundation which benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Speaking of the CF Foundation, a new treatment that the CFF is backing is having amazing results in clinical trials for CF patients. A cure might be closer than we think. The link is below.

http://www.cff.org/aboutCFFoundation/NewsEvents/2011NewsArchive/2-23-Phase-3-Study-VX-770-Shows-Positive-Results.cfm

Thanks everyone for your support especially my wife Andrea, my parents Charles and Eva, my sister Emily and our foundation director Susan Andre!

I also want to thank my late friend Rusty who taught me the value of hard work and the significance of my message. I promise to make the most of this opportunity, Rusty. I won't let you down.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. That is truly wonderful news, Andy! Congratulations, and I wish you much success with your book!

    ReplyDelete