Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Peachtree and throwing out the first pitch tonight


Well, it wasn't so much the heat that was difficult yesterday but the humidity. It was a scorcher. The first 3 miles were pretty easy for me but once the hills and humidity took over, I was lucky to run the whole thing. I ran the Peachtree (6.2 miles) in 73 minutes. Earlier that morning, I did an interview with Fox 5 and Buck Lanford. I think it went pretty well. I also got to meet Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed as we talked about the Hawks and how thrilled we both were with the recent trades.

I am attaching a picture of me and one of the winners from yesterday's race. The top 3 runners were all from Kenya which gave me the idea that next year I'll have a shirt that on the back reads "If you're from Kenya and can read this, shame on you for not training better this year."

Tonight I throw out the first pitch at around 6:55pm at Turner Field. I'm excited but nervous too. I'll have about 30 friends there to watch me. No pressure, right?

This has been a dream of mine for years and I'm excited that I can cross this achievement off the bucket list tonight.

I'll let all of you know how it goes. My sister will be taking video.

Thanks again for the support!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment