Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's been a quarter of a century

25 years ago today, I had my Bar Mitzvah. Why is that significant? Back then I was thirteen years old and little did I know then that I'd reached a milestone that day and not the milestone many might think. Yes, in the Jewish religion, I'd officially become a man. But in reality, I'd exceeded the life expectancy many doctors had given me. I had no idea at the time how lucky I was to be alive.

Today I am 38 years old and once again I exceeded expectations this year by beating the median life expectancy that CF patients now have. It's strange how much not only I have changed in those twenty-five years but also how much expectations for patients like me have changed.

I hope everyone is well. Stay strong.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment