Friday, January 20, 2012

A Disappointing Doctor's Appointment


The great thing about having a blog is telling people when things are great. The tough part is being completely honest when things aren't so great. My appointment today was frustrating. My numbers were down 8 points after my all-time high 3 months ago. Still I'm back around my baseline so it's not like I should be freaking out.

This is the time of year where my numbers constantly decline. I'm looking at the positives. I stayed at my baseline despite having a slight cold, the weather being freezing and this time of year is always a tough one for me. I will have to continue to keep up my tough workout regimin.

Today was the first morning that I started using free weights instead of the machine. I could feel it in my muscles. I also ran up 5 floors of steps after my appointment to remind CF that I'm not backing down.

I now have to decide whether I'm taking my business trip to Chicago. It's freezing there and 10 inches of snow are expected Saturday. Is it worth it to go? Dr. Sueblinvong prescribed me Augmentin for safety. I have to weigh the factors and decide what I'm going to do.

I'll tell you one thing. In the past, frustration would have turned to sadness which would have ended up turning into depression. Today though, I can tell I'm mentally strong. Frustration has turned into anger which has turned into determination. I'm going to get right back on top in the next few months. Count on it!!!

Thanks for listening. I hope that everyone is well.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. Andy, your determination will get those points back! Scot

    ReplyDelete