Friday, April 1, 2011

Opening Day, Howard and my numbers



Yesterday my favorite sport began. I love baseball season and I love the Braves. This could be a very promising year. I'm as big of a Braves fan as you'll find. I've been a diehard fan since 1982. From the first pitch in April (although it was March this year) until the last pitch in October, I will follow this team through good times and bad. Their performance will affect my day. Still I'm glad we are 1-0 and only 161 games more to go and hopefully another 15 to 20 in the postseason. I have a really good feeling about this year. This is the first year Bobby Cox has not been managing this team since I was in high school. I think change can be good but I wish Bobby well.

Today is April 1st and while most people know this as April Fool's Day (in fact my phone and mouse were both taped this morning so I couldn't do any work and I had Charlie Sheen posters all over my office), this is not what I remember this day for. This was my dog, Howard's birthday. Howard was not just a dog. He was my best friend. He sat with a sickly kid everyday when I wasn't able to play a lot of sports. He listened to my deepest concerns and secrets. I miss him very much.

I received my bloodwork and sputum results and everything looked good. Now I just have to get my pulmonary numbers back up. I'm on antibiotics now and start Tobi up again this weekend. I have managed to move my glucose numbers from pre-diabetic to not even close to being a diabetic. I'm really happy about that.

That's about it for now. I'm looking forward to some nice weather this weekend.

Happy Birthday to my Aunt Loretta this week.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment