Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happenings in April


So I started Tobi two Saturdays ago and it's beginning to take a toll on me. It's always around the 2nd week that I start getting tired and fall asleep multiple times. It's frustrating.

There have been lots of treatment updates concerning cystic fibrosis over the last 6 months. There was some organism in the water that might have some type of effect on people with CF. Also the Vertex trials continue to offer wonderful results. As I said to my doctor the other day, I guess if I'm going to have a terminal lung disease, this is the one to have. It seemed funnier when I said it to her. Anyway, hearing about potential therapies and cures are great but I tend to believe that until there is a cure out there, I will give everything I have to be ready for it. A cure is pointless if I'm sick when it arrives.

I have increased the weights I'm lifting during my workouts to challenge myself (or perhaps to look good for my high school reunion or maybe just so I can go to a doctor for something other than CF - a hernia perhaps).

The book is still due out in February. I have recently reached out to a few different chapters of the CF Foundation just to introduce myself. I want to make sure that I talk to as many businesses that I know of that would be interested in buying my book and/or having me speak. I met with a gentleman, in fact, this morning to talk about that very thing.

The testimonial section of www.andylipman.com is starting to fill up. Apparently my speeches have had a big effect on people which I'm thrilled with. If you know of anyone who needs a motivational speaker, please have them go to my website.

Our family is at the end of the school-choosing process. I think it would be funny if Avery sat at a table and had 3 hats for the 3 schools we looked at and then she puts on the one we decided on. I'm not saying she has to act like Lebron James but if Jim Gray interviews her, I want her to at least mention me. I'm betting no kindergartener has put together a press conference like that. There always is a first.

That's it for now. I hope that all of you are well.

Andy


I have no other updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment