Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The hate from the trial

So the last few weeks have been very difficult for me. I testified in Andrea Sneiderman's case and though I felt I did well, I immediately became a target for hate mail and tweets. It was really ugly for a while there. I found myself checking my Twitter account to see who had bad-mouthed me and my blog. It was really difficult to swallow all of the hurtful things that people said about me, people who I'd never met or talked to. I know that as my children get older that they will most likely be the subject of bullying whether it be the Internet or in their day-to-day affairs off the computer. I will take this experience as a positive in that I can help them with dealing with their issues. You hear the old song "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me." I could not disagree more after dealing with the horrible treatment the last few weeks.

I'm sad that my friend Andrea is in prison but I have faith that she will get out sooner rather than later. I pray that her children can hang in there without her but I know they are in good care. I've never had a friend in prison before and I doubt many of you have either. It's a difficult position especially with the media outrage over the case. I still fully support Andrea and hope that she will see her children sooner rather than later. I refuse to push my opinions on others. I just hope that people can respect the fact that this is how I feel. I understand that we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I wish everyone the best. For those of you observing Rosh Hashanah, I hope you have a very Happy New Year.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment