Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Peachtree and a crazy July!

It's been an interesting month to say the least and it should get more interesting.

First off, I have been sticking to the diet and have lost about 10 pounds and weigh around 177 pounds since giving up gummies and M&M's. I have also been eating Healthy Choice meals for lunch. I knew that I needed to be less weight to improve my nutrition but I also knew I needed to lose weight by July 4th for...



Last year's race

That's right. Tomorrow is the Peachtree. This will be my 17th which means I will go over 100 miles in overall mileage (6.2 x 17). I'm at 99.2 right now. This is a sad year for me. My Uncle Bobby got hurt and will not be running for the first time in 35 years. He has passed the ceremonial flag to me per his text. Also, the forecast calls for a miserable downpour so a lot of people aren't running tomorrow and I doubt there will be many fans on the route. I understand their decision. I'm going to try though. Obviously if there's thunder and lightning, I will re-think my decision. The Peachtree is more than running 6.2 miles to me though. I understand the rain is a major obstacle...but so is cystic fibrosis and it has been an obstacle for 4 decades now. I don't like obstacles. I like overcoming them. I'll let you know what happens. Maybe I'll catch a break and every meteorologist locally and nationally will be wrong. I'll pray tonight. I also have in the back of mind everything that happened at the Boston Marathon. I know security will be tight this year. It's going to be a crazy day.

Today also officially begins the first day of NO MORE antidepressants. After 3+ years, I am done. I don't know how it will affect my mood over the next few days but if the gummies and M&M's can't deter me, I don't think these stopping these meds will either. Personally I think I'll miss the gummies and M&M's more.

We finished filming the video this past weekend. The kids got a kick out of watching their dad do about 100 takes including several bloopers. I'm hoping the video will be available on YouTube at the end of the month and I also hope it goes viral and explains to people what cystic fibrosis is and why it's so important to raise money for the cause.

In more important news, Andrea has a big birthday coming up this month. I'm looking forward to celebrating in style.

Ethan is having his tonsils out so I'm a little worried but this kid is amazingly brave. I know he'll do fine.

We also look forward to some beach time soon and we're closing on our new house.

In addition, the Andrea Sneiderman trial is later this month. As of today, I'm still on the witness list as is my Andrea. I know that will be a stressful time.

I also found out my 40th birthday will be the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. Maybe in the middle of services I'll scream out, who is going out after this? Rabbi?

Everyone, have a wonderful and safe 4th! If you're running the Peachtree, you won't need to grab water...just keep an empty cup with you.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment