Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bend It Like Ethan

8 more goals on Sunday for Ethan!!! The kid is a one-man wrecking crew! 10 goals in 2 games!

Ethan was named after 2 men. This is special to me because one of those men was my grandpa Carl who was an outstanding soccer player and coach in Europe. Grandpa, I hope you're smiling down on the little guy.

I'm proud of the little guy because he's giving his teammates high-fives and his mommy hugs all game long. If only I can keep it together.

As you may have read in one of my previous blog posts, Ethan had an infarct when he was born (a stroke in the left temporal lobe of his brain) which significantly affected his right side. Doctors then were very negative about his potential athletic prowess. Now each Sunday he is building on his soccer stardom.

If you'd have told me that Ethan Lipman would have stepped on a soccer field at all 4 years ago, I would have thought you were crazy. We were busy then with apnea monitors, seizure medicine and neurologist appointments.

Now the kid that never made it to our room at Piedmont because his oxygen levels were unstable is changing the way we look at him. He's no longer the kid who had a stroke at birth. He's the kid who is inspiring his mommy, daddy and sister every day.

We love you buddy.

Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment