Tuesday, June 26, 2012

9 days and counting...

Andy

Life has been pretty good of late. I feel very healthy. I have been dieting since December and am down from the high 180's to the low 170's. There is little point in me losing more weight. I'm just trying to stay healthy at this point. I continue to use some of the concepts I learned from P90X and add it to my old work out routines. The Peachtree is only a week away and I think I'm pretty ready. I've been running just about everyday but mostly inside. I'm still playing softball on Monday nights so I'm getting some exercise that way too.

I just finished my month of Tobi and not a moment too soon. I have been exhausted lately. That extra 80 minutes a day of aerosols is not fun. At first, I tried to learn a new video game. Then I tried texting friends. Then I tried recording movies and watching them. Still, it's frustrating sitting there and waiting to complete my meds. The kids spend a lot of time with me downstairs which is nice. Ethan loves to play video games and Avery loves to watch Nickelodeon. Still I'd rather be swimming at the pool with them or taking them outside to play baseball.

Speaking of baseball, I throw out the first pitch in 9 days. I'm getting nervous because I haven't practiced at all outside of playing softball. I'm throwing out the first pitch on July 5, 2012 as the Braves play the Cubs. My neighbor has volunteered to throw the ball around with me. He warmed up his kid who pitched in high school and may some day pitch in college. I'm not quite at that level but I'll give him a few throws.

I found out last Thursday that I was named to the Board at the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. I was honored to accept this position.

Andrea and the kids are well. Ethan has gotten so competitive. Whenever we run up the stairs, this is what Ethan says, "I won. I was first, Magic (our dog) was second and daddy was last." I used to let him win. Now the kid cuts me off and the dog isn't making any friends. She lets him cut me off and then she jumps on me so that Ethan wins. He must be giving her chicken behind my back and gaining an ally.

Avery is loving camp this summer and is becoming a terrific gymnast. I am amazed at all of the things that she can do at such a young age.

For now, I'm signing off. I'm going to stretch out the arm. 218 hours and counting...






No comments:

Post a Comment