Friday, February 4, 2011

A Picture says a thousand words...



I was going through the 2010 Wish pictures the other day when I found this one. It's a picture of a batter with his third base coach in the background. I'm the batter but that's no ordinary third base coach. That was my friend Rusty twelve days before he was murdered. This picture tells a thousand words. I always felt Rusty was looking after me. I looked up to him. Rusty will always be my third base coach and I will always try to hit a homerun in life in his memory.

I'm finishing my final week of Tobi this week. In the interim, I have found a great way to stay awake while doing it. I have gotten into Wii sports and play about 40 minutes of tennis, baseball and bowling during my treatments. Still I'm sure people on Buford Highway will miss the Nebulizer Driver. Attached is a picture of me parked in front of a light doing my Tobi. Doing Tobi in the car every morning allows me an extra 40 minutes to sleep.

Last week was exceptionally busy and I got some good news from my doctor that my blood pressure, cholesterol and weight looked great. I'm between 179 and 180 pounds, a loss of nearly 20 pounds since September. I do not intend to lose anymore but plan to stay around 180 pounds. 165 pounds is the ideal weight for my height but I have to factor in CF and therefore can't lose anymore weight. I continue to work out with heavy weights and jokingly nicknamed my home gym "AL Fitness."

I'm excited for my sister's fashion show later this month to benefit Wish for Wendy. Raw Denim has done pretty well thus far but be sure to check it out if you haven't gone. If you have gone, please check it out again.

I'm also looking forward to my little girl's 5th birthday ten days from today. It's hard to believe Avery's already turning 5 years old! She has me wrapped around her little finger, but don't tell her. I'll spring that upon her when she leaves the nest.

I found out that my 20th high school reunion is in June. Part of me is really looking forward to seeing everyone. On the other hand, I'm a little nervous as most of these people I haven't seen in two decades. I had a lot of friends but I wasn't in the "cool" crowd. I know we're beyond the cool crowd now, but I felt like I greatly underachieved in high school with my social skills and my academic work. I matured much later in life. Still I do talk to a few of my former classmates today and there is definitely a different relationship than there was in school. Maybe in honor of the occasion, I'll grow out the mullet I tried for part of my 9th grade year and throw on my old Led Zepplin T-shirt and see what kind of response I get. My guess is Andrea will want to hang out at another table. Alright, I'll wear slacks and a nice shirt but I at least hope they're serving those egg roll Hors d'Ĺ“uvres and not those awful corndogs they served on "What animal did these get made with" Wednesdays at the cafeteria.

Anyway, I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. I totally do my Tobi while stuck in 85 traffic in the mornings! I also appreciate the extra time it gives me so I have more of it to spend with my little baby when I get home from work. Do you have issues with blowing fuses though?? I do!

    ReplyDelete