Monday, June 14, 2010

The weekend that was and my thoughts on life

Hello Friends,

Thanks for keeping up with my blog. I hope you are enjoying it.

For most of my life, I have stressed how important it is to live life to the fullest. I'm afraid that I'm a hypocrite in some ways. For a long time, I let my emotional issues get the better of me. I stopped seeing the glass half-full somewhere along the way and that dramatically affected my life. I've been getting help for quite a long time so that my perspective will change. It has given me a great opportunity to see myself for who I am and who I want to be. I have good days and bad but I've seen more good days lately. I plan to continue speaking to groups but I also plan to be more forthcoming of my faults. I believe Alive at 25 made me seem perfect. The Drive at 35 will not repeat that mistake.

It was a tough weekend. Emily was in a bad accident but thank goodness she's okay. I'm also waiting on some test results for someone close to me. Andrea and I took the kids to the pool. I realized how difficult it must be to be a single parent as watching both Avery and Ethan was tougher than doing a triathlon though I was proud that I convinced Avery to jump off the diving board and Ethan to get into the water. Thank goodness Andrea joined me later. Andrea won her tennis match. Her T-2 team won the division and her other team is doing pretty well too. I guess she's the tennis bread winner of the family now. I'm very proud of her. I remember when she was just a beginner and now she could probably take me. Softball season is going well. I go to the practice field on occasion and throw balls to myself and I've hit a couple over the fence. I think I'm getting stronger. I guess the 12 workouts a week are finally paying off. Went to lunch with my buddy Will on Sunday and his daughter. We had a great time (Will, there's your mention in the blog), but afterwards, Avery convinced me to climb up the mountain at Roswell Mill. That was probably a mistake since she stayed on my shoulders the entire time but she did say it was an easy hike. She's a sweetheart.

I have a meeting today regarding The Drive at 35. Let's hope it goes well. I now have 3 fish tanks at home. Some might consider me insane starting with my parents, wife and kids. I find it relaxing to watch them. I prefer it to television now, well except when the Braves are playing. Speaking of sports, I know soccer is the most popular sport in the world but my goodness, can someone please score??? Go USA!

I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. and ran a mile, worked out and then did my therapy and nasal treatments. I didn't finish till about 7 a.m. and was exhausted. I can really feel it today. I may have overdone it. Worse, I have softball tonight but I also looking forward to coaching my team and trying to continue our regular season winning streak. We have won 8 in a row.

I wish everyone health, happiness and most of all, imperfection because it's okay not to be perfect. In fact, it's probably the best thing that can happen to you.

Best Wishes,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment