Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wish for Wendy 2012 breaks all sorts of records!

We raised a record $332,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation this year at Wish for Wendy. That gives us a grand total raised in 13 years of $1.6 million. Thanks to everyone involved for making a difference. The weather was beautiful this past Saturday so thank you also to my sister Wendy who year after year puts us in the best conditions.

Liz Love sang our national anthem. The Falcons Cheerleaders and Chick Fil-A cow paid a visit as well. Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy (seen below) threw out the first pitch on Saturday and a record 24 teams fought tooth and nail to determine a champion.


In the end, Choke & Poke knocked off Better Baseball 25-24 in extra innings. It was a tremendous game and thanks to the volunteers, sponsors, donors, teams and umpires, it was a terrific day.

We also had a few celebrities stop by including famed meteorologist Paul Ossmann and Braves MLB.com Beat Writer Mark Bowman.

Thank you to Andrea, my parents Charles and Eva, my sister Emily and the rest of my family for all they did on Saturday and all they've done for me throughout my life. I'm very blessed.

To the day when CF stands for Cure Found.

See you next year!

Andy






1 comment:

  1. Wow, how wonderful!! I'm glad the event was such a success this year!!

    ReplyDelete