Thursday, April 5, 2012

P90X - wrapping up soon!



This picture is from last fall (prior to P90X - best picture I could come up with) and the picture after it was this morning as I've hit the final few weeks of P90X. The picture was taken by Avery while I was doing my aerosol therapy (TOBI).

I would have to say that P90X has been as tough as advertised and I think I got a bit too addicted to it. It's a great program and it certainly works but it requires extreme dedication. I think a person like me who suffers from compulsion and anxiety is not a great candidate to do this program. The other issue is that I have so many hours of therapy during the day that it's hard to fit it all in and still have meaningful time with my family.

I'm proud of the fact that my body has transformed and I've lost close to 15 pounds while gaining a little muscle too. Will I do this program again or even the new P90X? I don't think so but I'll take some of the tools I've picked up and use them during my normal workout routine. I hope others with CF or any other disorder will give P90X a shot. Many have asked why I did it to begin with. After our Disney Cruise, I gained about 7 pounds and felt badly about it. Then I was listening to the radio just after New Year's on my way to work and they were talking about New Year's Resolutions. I never do them but this guy came on there and said his goal was to do one of those 30 to 90 day workouts that get people absolutely cut. I don't know why but this immediately registered with me. About a year earlier, Andrea and I had bought the tapes from a friend so I decided I might as well put them to use...and so here I am now.

As I prepare for my trip with Andrea to Ireland, I'm nervous about speaking internationally for the first time. I know this is a huge opportunity for not only me but for our foundation. I also look forward to sightseeing in the beautiful country of Ireland with my lovely bride. It will be nice to have some alone time.

The CF video has been a bit of a pain. I love the video but the music approval process has been very difficult. I'm hoping to have something by April 15th.

If you haven't yet, please check out the top 25 on my previous blog entry. I thought they were kind of funny.

I wish everyone a Happy Passover and a Happy Easter.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment